There were no safety violations or lost time due to injuries throughout the entire project. The following measures were taken to prevent accidents and ensure safety for all those involved.
- Nations Roof® invested in 1,500 lineal feet of zip rail so the crew could carry out work freely without being tied off
- A certified fall cart was in use when working in areas outside the guard rail
- Fall protection got installed over the skylights within a given work zone
- The entire crew received training in all aspects of safety
- A Job Hazard Analysis was documented each day
- Each week Toolbox Talks took place
- Nations Roof’s third-party safety company STC (Safety Training Consultants) conducted several safety audits
Not unlike other projects that Nations Roof manages, the Santa Fe County Adult Correctional Facility needed to be finished by a certain date. With a time extension issued to account for the high number of rain and high-wind days, the project was completed by the required deadline, and therefore no liquidated damages were incurred.
Despite tie-ins on at least two of the roofing sides, there were zero leaks on this job. The Nations Roof team were meticulous on how the tie-ins were implemented to avoid water penetration. At the final inspection with a large team of people walking the roof that included a representative from the manufacturer Siplast, the roofing consultant, the Santa Fe County project manager and the prison warden, the completed project received top marks and zero punch list items were recorded, a rarity for a project of this size and specification. Nations Roof® is pleased to announce they will be entering this project for the NRCA Gold Circle Awards for 2020.
Since starting over fifteen years ago, Nations Roof has earned a strong reputation for delivering high-quality workmanship, consistently good value, exceptional customer service, and award-winning safety standards. Nations Roof has been recognized by the National Roofing Contractors Association, receiving the Gold Circle Award for Quality Workmanship and Risk Management in previous years.
Nations Roof welcomes the opportunity to present a bid on your next project and to demonstrate their commitment to the highest standards of quality, safety, and expertise. Call today: 877-324-9854 to schedule a free inspection.