- A green roof or living roof is a roof of a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane.
- It may also include additional layers such as a root barrier, drainage and irrigation systems.
- Nations Roof® offers both Extensive and Intensive green roofs
- Extensive are designed to be lightweight with soil depths as shallow as 3 inches and supporting only hardy plants. Require little to no maintenance. Access limited to maintenance.
- Intensive are designed to support a much wider variety of plants, shrubs and small trees. Soil depths are typically greater than 8 inches.